Our Relationship with McDonald’s
Working together to support our children and families
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, but McDonald’s is one of the largest corporate donors. Portions of our annual operating costs are graciously funded by McDonald’s and owner/operators of local McDonald’s restaurants. The remainder of our annual operating income comes from the generosity of individual and corporate donors.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Franchises partner with local Chapters for promotional and fundraising events.
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Owner/operators participate in the local Board of Directors.
- Donation Boxes hosted in restaurants are the largest source of ongoing RMHC Global fundraising
- McDonald’s conducts an annual fundraiser in November called McHappy Day. Since 2002, it has raised $150 million for RMHC and children’s charities around the world.